Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Yogyakarta (Week 28)


Selamat Pagi Semuanya!!!
And what a wonderful morning it is! I woke up at 5, went to pasar (market), ran, swept my dirt and cleaned the house a bit and now email. After this we'll clean a little bit more and then meet up with the elders to cook and watch The Best Two Years. I'm super excited! And The impossible has happened...I'm becoming a morning person!

Well here's my week! 

Senin: Prambanan was really neat! I lied last week, it's a Hindu temple not Buddhist. It was cool to see all the symbolism although I still don't really understand what all of it means. Unfortunately a couple years agao (2012?) There was an earthquake and some of it was destroyed. But still really fun and cool to see!
Selasa: We got caught in the rain...for 2 hours...that was the down part of the day. But we still met with people and had a decent day! I also tired Durian for the second time...blah! It was a little easier to eat this time but still gross...

 
Rabu: We started helping out at another english class. I feel like there's a lot of potential in this class for new investigators. They are all really cool and really want to learn english! I hope we will be able to really help them. We also met with Mbak Atin and Pak Eddy&Ibu Hoa. All is well. Oh and Sister Clara who climbed Mt Everest. She is preparing to climb Mt. Miklenli (in Alaska..I don't know how to spell) next year. Sweet right?
Kamis: Just another normal day. We had a really good lesson where the spirit was pretty strong and I feel like I saw something tell me it entered but they haven't really acted yet! But that's ok. they will!

Jumat: DDM was really good! We tried to proselyte at UGM campus which is a really popular university in Indonesia. It was really neat to walk around campus. But, no music programs...bummer.

 
Sabtu: A normal day! Sister Toegono and I "boceng" for a little (where one person rides on the back of the bike while the other person peddles!) because we had a member come to one of our lessons and they didn't have a bike. I can successfully boceng and I feel very proud of myself. I feel like a native!
Hari minggu: We went to Kelatan again for Sacrament. There was a good turn out of about 20 people, mostly members. But there was one non member family and then the father of another. There really is potential for progress out there!
Well I love being a missionary and especially in Indonesia! I really am happy and I love this work! I know this church is true, I know it has the restored Priesthood and I know that I am a representative of Jesus Christ. I'm learning so much that I can apply into my life now and when I go home in 3 years (didn't you hear? Sister serve for 3 years now! And all 3 will be in Jogja ;) )

Thank you all! I love you all!

Love,
Sister Sperry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment