Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Yogyakarta (Week 27)


Selamat Pagi semuanya!
This week is good. I really feel great things are going to happen in Jogja and, like usual, I witnessed some pretty great miracles! I love being a missionary...It's so great :) And I especially love Indonesia!!! Here's my week:

Senin: For P-day we went with on of the members to a university campus and toured around. It was really neat and lots of fun. We got to visit Obama's home when he lived here in Yogya! Pretty neat. I also met with another bule on the bus and it was funny because I tried speaking English with her but she didn't really understand me so I tried Indonesian and she understood! She's from Ceko (Czech Republic). She's here studying Indonesian for a year. It was really funny that we didn't understand each other in English but in Indonesian it was just fine!
 
Selasa: After our weekly meeting with the ward mission leader we stayed to practice the song we were singing in Sacrament Meeting and then in walks in two amazing people, Eddy and Hoa. They just moved from Jakarta and were looking for a church to go to when they found ours. I guess they've come 2 times before but no one has been at the church. They are also both deaf. So to communicate we wrote back and forth to each other. It was humbling. Sister Toegono and I are teaching them and they are just amazing people. They've already accepted the commitment to be baptized. This was the big miracle for the week! I'm so excited to get to know them further.
Rabu: We had a meeting with the whole zone here in Jogja. It was really great to see the other missionaries again and hear about how things are going. There are awesome things happening in Indonesia, especially in Zone Jawa Tenggah! We're all working hard and seeing wonderful blessings. The Lord is hastening His work and I am so grateful to be apart of it. Especially here in Indonesia.
Kamis: Just a normal working day here in Jogja. Nothing huge happened. But I got to work with Sister Toegono which is always a blessing!

Jumat: Just another normal day. We met with Mama Hawk again (such a sweet name) and her sister Ibu Senang (Ibu Happy). Cool right?! They are great, faithful people. We also met again with an investigator who's husband is recovering from a stroke. It's been really hard on her because he doesn't have his memory. But she's been humbled and I hope ready for this gospel!
Sabtu: Another hard working day! This is when we gave the commitment to Eddy and Hoa to be baptized. Ah, such a great day!
Hari Minggu: we had 3 investigators come to church! And one of them I didn't expect to come AND he brought a friend! SIIP! I may have done a small happy dance when that happened. It was a good Sunday :)
Well today we want to go to the temple! ...a Buddhist temple but still cool right? I'll be sure to take pictures. Thank you for your love, support, prayers, letters, emails, everything!!! I love being a missionary and serving in Indonesia. I know God lives and loves us all and Christ is our Redeemer.
Have a great week everyone!

dengan Kasih,
Sister Sperry :)
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment