Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Yogyakarta (Week 31)


Halo semuanya!
 
Wow another week has gone by! This week was another month marker. I am now 4 months in the wonderful city of Jogja and 7 Months in the great country of Indonesia. I'm still so new!! 

This week was great because we got to watch conference!! I hope all of you went out and bought Preach My Gospel after Elder Ballard's (?) talk. I loved his talk. I'm still waiting to hear all of it in English, takes a while to download. 

Well here's the week!
Senin: We had a nice p-day. Nothing super special. 

Selasa: It was BEAUTIFUL outside! Sure it was hot but wow. We road to Seyegan, which is pretty far away, and got to see the beautiful rice fields and the sky was so blue and ahhh I love this place. We worked hard and road our bikes a lot! It was a good day.

 
 
Rabu: This was election day so there wasn't a soul that wanted to meet or they had all gone home to the desan or country. But we got a lot of contacting done which was really good! 

 Kamis: We went to Magelang for ZTM (zone training meeting). Then because we achieved our goal we got to go to Borobodur! It rained but it wasn't hot which was so nice. Especially because the temple is all black rock. The statutes remind me of a mix between Star Wars and Dr. Who and there are statues inside the statues. There is a beautiful view. I will return someday :) 

 



 
Jumat: Today was busy!! We met with lots of people had had some good lessons. 

Sabtu: Conference!!!! It was such a blessing especially because I understood!!!!!!!! I was so excited! Sure I didn't understand everything but I got A LOT more out of it than I did last conference! Oh it was such a huge blessing and the Spirit was strong. I know those are men and women of God and that they have been called to lead this church. How grateful I am that God provides us with such amazing leaders, especially those that have the sacred duty of holding the Priesthood. I know Thomas S. Monson is a prophet. Oh how I love to hear him speak and how I love all the people who spoke in conference. We didn't have as many investigators as we wanted show up, so that was a bummer. But I've been strengthened and I will use that strength to help them!

Hari Minggu: Same as Sabtu! 

This church is true. I hope we all pay close attention to what was said in conference and apply those things in our lives. I hope we can all join together and do this work. Now is the time for members and missionaries to labor in the Lord's vineyard together. Maju Terus, Gereja ini Benar! Bekerja keras! 

I love you all!

Love,
Sister Sperry :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment