Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Yogyakarta - Week 16


Selamat Pagi semuanya! 

This week was awesome and SO needed! Christmas was great and I hope everyone was able to enjoy the holiday. I can't believe that 2014 is really right around the corner! Two more days and it's a new year wow! 

Well here's how my week went:

Senin (Mon): Since Christmas was this week monday was just like a regular day instead of a preparation day. We worked like usual and it was a good day. Except one of the members of the ward passed away. He was a pioneer of that ward too (he was one of the first members if not the first member of the Jogjakarta ward). He's been sick for a while and now at least he's not suffering. 

Selasa (Tues): On the 24th was when the ward had their big celebration together. We had a nice spiritual thought and then afterward we watched a bunch of different talents performed by people in the ward. It was fun to see the talents of different people in the ward. Also on Tuesday I received a package from my Gran! It had a whole bunch of letters from my family (my gran forced them to write me ;) Thanks Gran!) a new shirt, Christmas Tree and Stocking, and of course candy. The letters were EXACTLY what I needed at that moment! Thanks to my family and for my Gran too! You guys are wonderful!

My new shirt from Gran!

 
Rabu: HARI NATAL!! I got to talk to my parents and siblings this day!! Ahh it was so great I was so happy I got to talk to them. I am so grateful I got the chance to see them too through skype. It was so nice to talk and see their faces. 

After skyping we went home, cleaned the house, and then met with the District and Zone Leaders for a Christmas celebration. We got permission to watch "It's a wonderful Life" which was really great and then we ate food and played some games. It was fun to get to know the other missionaries. 

Kamis (thur): Since The Zone Leaders were here we had our district meeting this day. The made an announcement that the church was making a The District 3 and chose our district to film. We were all really confused why they would chose a District in Indonesia and we thought it was just something that President wanted to do. Obviously the Zone Leaders were joking. They said they really did convince one of the districts once that it was true! Haha how funny :) 

Jumat: We had a baptism on Friday! Vero, an 11 year old girl, was baptized! It has been a long time coming. She's been scared to be baptized but with the incouragement of her family and the relationship that Sister Sheffield and Sister Believe made with her she finally was able to realize it's not something to be scared about but to rejoice in! Yay for Vero!!

Vero's Baptism
 
Sat and Sun were just regular days, nothing really special to report. 

Thanks for all of your love and support! The Christmas gifts, letters, emails, prayers, they never go unnoticed or unappreciated! I'm learning a lot here and I hope to return a better person and a great member missionary. Keep up the missionary work in your part of Zion. 

With love,
Sister Sperry :) 

Merry  Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment