Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Yogyakarta - Week 15


 
Halo semuanya! Apa kabar?
This week has been pretty slow and sad in the missionary world. We stopped visiting two people because they just weren't progressing. One of them was really hard for Sister Believe because she had such high hope in him. But we planted a seed and she and Sister Sheffield developed a good relationship with him so there is still reason to hope! On the bright side I have learned a lot from both the people here in Jogja and from Sister Believe. Sister Believe is a wonderful and powerful missionary. She's also very mature and I'm learning how to become a little more mature myself. She truly loves the people here and loves the work. She has a strong desire to serve God and it's a great opportunity to be her companion.

Can you believe that Hari Natal (Christmas Day) is right around the corner?! We get to switch preparation day to Wed so we can enjoy it as a district. But we still get to email today which is nice.

Because Christmas is so close I'd like to bear my testimony of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ redeemed us from 2 kinds of death, spiritual and temporal death. The spiritual death is not being able to be in the presence of our Father because "no unclean thing can dwell in the presence of God." Temporal death is the separation of our body and spirit, but only temporally. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we have been redeemed of both of these. We can be forgiven of our sins and God will "remember them no more." Through repentance we can become cleansed and dwell in His presence again. Jesus Christ overcame temporal death through the Resurrection. He overcame the separation between body and spirit and we know that one day we will too.

I know that Christ suffered for more than just our sins. He suffered to know how to help us too. He suffered so He can feel empathy and not just compassion, towards all of God's children. I am learning how to use the Atonement everyday in my life. I am learning how to put my burdens upon Him and become yoked, as one, with Him. I still have a long way to go but I'm learning.

I know that Christ lives. He has overcome all sorrows, all pains, and any sort of death. He loves each any everyone of us, knows us personally, knows our desires, and is  willing to help each of us. I know that I have been called by a prophet to preach unto the people of Indonesia and help them to feel Christ's love for them. I am so grateful for this opportunity to do so. I love this gospel, I love my God, and I love my brother Jesus Christ. And I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Well, Merry Christmas y'all!! I hope it's a good one for everyone and that it's a spiritual one too. Sampai Minggu depan!

With love,
Sister Sperry :)

Ps Happy Birthday to Joseph Smith today dan Hermana Burningham yesterday! Selamat Tahun!
We went on a hike for P-day last week. You climb a whole bunch of stairs and when you are at the top, you are in the middle of the entire island of Java. Keren ya?! There were also spiders has big as my head (JoDee you would have died) and monkeys too! I didn't know my family was coming to visit! I swear one looks just like Colin...

 

Hiking
A spider as big as my head!
How we dress so our legs don't end up with tons of mosquito bites!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment