Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Surabaya (Week 68)


HAPPY NEW YEAR Y'ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope we have all started these first 5 days well and our goals are going strong, amin!
This week has been a rough one spiritually. I feel like satan is really trying to get me to lose my focus. But it's ok because I know that I have the strength and the tools to overcome him. Being in a trio is a new experience, not super different than a duo but still new and I'm still trying to get used to it but I'm so grateful for my companions! They are two very fine young sisters from Indonesia and I love them dearly. They bring such a strong spirit when we are teaching that is absolutely incredible and I feel like our lessons have just been on fire lately! I love these people and am so grateful for the testimony they all share with me. I am so blessed!!!!

Yesterday we had an AWESOME church. it was all on Family and man it was beautiful! I've really come to learn the importance of family home evening and teaching the gospel in the home. I've seen so many homes where the gospel is not taught and just how satan is working so hard to destroy families, we can't let these little things to strengthen our families go! Family home evening, family scripture study and family prayer are all so important. I really appreciate my parents that tried hard to do family home evening, family prayer and family scripture study. Of course we wern't perfect at it all the time ;) but my parents have been such great examples for me and I am so grateful for that. THANKS MOM AND DAD! I've also learned that children have "roles" in the family. I think of it like this, the family is like a team. Dad and mom are the captians, and God's the coach. A family has to work together to overcome the power of the adversary. Families are meant to work together. And our families are what are going to help us come back into Heaven. Parents have to listen to the game plans from heaven to know how to help direct the children and then we need to exicute the game plan. I don't know if that makes sense now but it does in my head. 

I know families can be forever! I know that God lives and loves us and families are SO important! I can't wait to come and re-meet ALL of my family again :) 


 
I love you and am so grateful for everything you all do for me! THANK YOU!!

With love,
Sister Sperry :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment