Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Surabaya (Week 65)


MAN WHAT A CRAZY WEEK!!!

There's so much that happened this week. SO turns out Sister R Fisher that's serving here is going to be opening up Semarang for Sisters. (WOOT this is her second time opening a city, she must be really good at it) but we will have an uneven amount of sisters which means...guess who's going to be in a 3some! Sister Sperry, Sister Aryanto and Sister N. Hasibuan. pure craziness! I'm stoked but poor Sister Aryanto, this is her 3rd threesome companionship ;)


Also Elder and Sister Funk came to visit Indonesia for District Conference and a mission tour. It's super cool because he's a general authority that's served in Indonesia! When it was first starting to open! He's the one who really DID open Semarang and was very successful there too. We got to meet one of the members he baptized and man it was just an awesome experience. And then when he would tell a mission story WE COULD RELATE! We read the dedication prayer for Indonesia and it's neat because in there the is a part that says "thank you for the assurance that we have received that thousands upon thousands will come to know the truth in Indonesia." Elder Funk says he's already beginning to see that be fulfilled. That's a huge blessing for me because sometimes I wonder if we are really doing much. Then President told us the statistics for this year and said that we passed our goal. He began to tear up when he told us how proud he was of us. This is not a man who tears up often!

I like how Elder Funk explained because he was a missionary in Indonesia it has helped him to make higher goals in his life. I totally feel the same way. I feel like I can do anything God wants me to and I am so excited to see what lies ahead. I love my mission and am so grateful for this opportunity to see the church grow, especially in Indonesia. I can promise you I am going to be a missionary for life because this is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Well love you all. Sorry I won't be writing for like...a long time because of Christmas and all but SELAMAT HARI NATAL in advance ;) 

with Love,
Sister Sperry :) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment