Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Surabaya (Week 67)

(There is no week 66 post because we got to Skype with Sister Sperry instead!!!)

Hey ya'll long time no email ;) 

Things have been pretty crazy. The week before Christmas I got put into a threesome and then one of my companions got sick with the chicken pox. Fortunately I was able to go out with the mission couple a few times but those other times when I wasn't able to...well lets just say I gotta find myself a job real fast when I get home! I can't stay still I was going nuts!! But I learned a lot and had a lot of time to ponder and study the scriptures. I even made my new years goals! 

We did get to go out starting on Thursday so Christmas was fun. Friday we worked HARD and my legs killed from riding my bike again. But it felt so nice! I think I'm going to buy a bike instead of a car when I get home. Saturday was really cool especially for the last lesson we had that night. So we went to a woman's home whose husband wont really allow her to go to church...she kept complaining about it and I asked about her Book of Mormon reading. not where it should be. So I promised her, and this is the cool part, that if she read the Book of Mormon she would find the peace that she needs and her husbands heart will start to open. WHAT?!!!! Those were not my words!!!!!!!!! I didn't plan saying that at all!!!!!!!! But I know where they came from and I am so grateful for the authority of my calling and the help we received from the Holy Ghost. My companions straight away supported my words and helped her to know she has to do her part for God to do His. It was a really cool lesson with a lot of companionship unity. woot!! But maybe I could ask for some extra prayers for Ibu Wati and Pak Sapto. 

Other than that, we had a baptism yesterday and are preparing for another one this next week. What a great way to end the old year and start off the new year! 

...Which reminds me, have you already made your new years goals!?Iif you haven't yet START WORKING ON IT!!!! Making goals gives us a purpose and something to work on. It helps us to see our potential and then achieve our potential when we act on them. I know that goals are very important and we need to work towards things because our potential is amazing! We are all Spirits of a love Heavenly Father and we all have the potential to become gods and goddesses. I pray that we will all be able to make some meaningful goals this year that are going to help us progress to a better life. 

Thank you for your love and support and all the Christmas Spirit! Selamat Natal dan Tahun Baru!!!

love,
Sister Sperry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment