Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Surabaya (Week 63)


SOoooooo...It's DECEMBER!!! NUUUUTS!!! I can't believe it's already the endish of the year and before your know it...we're not going there.

I hope everyone had a fantastic week and wrote down a million things your were grateful for. You were all in my list of things to be grateful for this week! :) 

Here's how the week went: 

Senin: I spent all of pday applying for college. fun...\

Selasa: Nothing special really, just a good working day. We met a new investigator that lives really quite far away! But the weather was SO NICE because it had just rained so I wasn't even mad! 

Rabu: We worked really hard and saw lots of good things happen. We had a good lesson with one of our investigator's and her husband and we hope things will work out well with them. We are trying to find families but we've kind been not finding them..so we are still trying and we hope that that lesson will really help them!

Kamis: we had one kinda crazy lesson because she's in a rough position in life but we just tried so hard to help her see how the gospel can help. I pray she'll keep reading from the Book of Mormon. 

Jumat: This was cool! We were trying to meet with a less active when we accidently ran into a refferal we wanted to go see later. We went in and she had met with the elders before! We gave her a baptismal commitment and she wanted it right away! The only thing is she has a difficult time getting to church after her stroke. I know with help from the branch and a lot of faith we'll be able to get her there. :)

Sabtu: I taught in DDM (district meeting) and I think it went well...I learned a lot and I think that's the important part. It was a lot about change and the Atonement and how we need to apply it in our lives here as missionaries before we can help others apply it in their lives. I'm not coming out of this the same person!

Hari Minggu: another broken heart...not as many people came to church as we were hoping but we had some really good lessons afterward and Sister Aryanto made really yummy nasi Goreng :) So all is well!

I hope you have a great first week of Christmas! As you are shopping and doing all that fun stuff don't forget what this season really is about...sending missionaries chocolate ;) JOKE! Christ. Because of Him we can become more than we ever thought and because of Him we are blessed. I'm so grateful for Christ and everything He and Heavenly Father have ever done for me. I am so blessed!!! 

Love you all!

love,
Sister Sperry :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment