Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Yogyakarta (Week 36)


Howdy Yall!!!

Sorry about the no email last week, I talked to my family instead :) We've had a good two weeks! Here's a couple of the highlights.

So last week our investigator Pak Darno was baptized! And yesterday he was confirmed a member of the church. It was so great to see him be baptized. He is such a humble and great person. I know that this gospel is really going to bless his life.

Also yesterday the little boy, Alma, that we've been helping prepare for baptism was baptized by his older brother. It was neat because while his brother served, he wasn't able to baptize anyone but now he has the opportunity to baptize his younger brother. He was quite emotional and his testimony was awesome. His parents, who are less active, both came and I think this should help them to remain active again. It was full of the spirit and really great. 

Well I only have 3 more days in Jogja! Yopp I got news on Thursday that I'll be trasfered to...wait for iiiiiittttttt....SOLO!!!! I've wanted to go to Solo since before going into the MTC so I'm pretty stoked! At first I was shocked and now I'm just excited. It's only about an hour train ride from Jogja. So I'll still be able to work on my Javenese. But the thing I'm worried about is I'll be with a bule companion. Actually I'm not super worried, I feel like our language skills will grow a lot, so honestly I'm excited, but ya it'll be a new experience. Her name is Sister L. Fisher from Pleasant Grove (go figure ya)? 

I just want to leave you all with my testimony that this church is true. I'm so grateful for my mission and the experiences I'm experiencing. I've never been happier! I know God lives and Christ is His Son. I know They love us and they will help us out throughout our lives. 

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amin. 

Have a great week!! Next week I'll show you pictures of the beaches we went to earlier this morning ;)
love,
Sister Sperry :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment