Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Yogyakarta - Week 14


Hello From Jogja!
Well I've made it to Jogja! It's a little closer to what I thought Indonesia is than Jakarta. The ward here is really nice and so are the investigators and other missionaries. Elder James is my District leader here. The best part is, I GET TO RIDE A BIKE!! Haha I couldn't stop smiling for the first five minutes I was on that thing. It was exciting! Only later it hurt. 2 things I wish I would have done before my mission, learn how to cook more and relearn how to ride a bike. But still fun! So here's the week.
Mon: We got to watch a film with President Donald and the district of Jakarta. It was really nice and lots of fun. I stayed the night at Senopati and said goodbye to some sisters that are going home and ibu saya Sister Narko! It was a hard moment ;) But I made it through.
Tues: Me and two other Sisters and an Elder heading to Solo left early in the morning for the airport. My flight was later so I spent some time waiting at the airport. When I got to Jogja we went straight to work. We met with an investigator who Sister Believe said they had been having a hard time meeting with. It was a good lesson and we just went back yesterday to teach more. I also got to meet our Ward Mission Leader.
My new companion Sister Believe
Wed: It was a typical day visiting people, you know sharing the gospel. :)
Thur: We got an investigator, age 11, to commit to a baptismal date! Her family are members but she's been scared to be baptized. She was even been scared to meet with the missionaries at one point but Sister Believe and Sister Sheffield worked hard to build a good relationship with her. Well she accepted and we have a date set for the 27th. WOOT!
Friday: Again a typical day. It started at an English class for people who work with UCP. UCP provides wheelchairs and aid for people who need it. They are all great and pretty funny people. I enjoyed it a lot.

Saturday: Same ol same ol. Only I think I finally got used to riding a bike this day.

Some yummy drinks!
 
 
Sun: We got to make some food today! I made tortillas (SUPER yummy by the way), Sister Believe made pudding, Sister Allred made brownies, and Sister Hasibuan made yummy Indonesian food (I forgot the name). Sister Hasibuan is  really really really good at cooking! She's helping me to learn a little more.
Today we are going to go on a hike and I am quite excited!
 
Well love you all. Thank you for your love and support. Sampai nanti!!
Love,
Sister Sperry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment