Monday, October 21, 2013

Jakarta - Week 6


Halo!!

JEANNIE WAS BAPTIZED YESTERDAY!!!!!! Right after stake conference Jeannie was baptized by President Donald and I am so happy for her! She also bore a beautiful testimony and I am so proud of her. I know this is going to bless her life greatly. 

Sister Sperry, Jeannie and Sister Narko
 So here's my week!

 Monday: Just got some shopping done and some Christmas gifts for my family. Then we went and had dinner at a member's home and a really nice FHE with one of their nonmember neighbors. It was very nice. They also mad a special cake for the missionaries that are going home this week. 
Sister Narko and Sister Sperry on P-day
Tuesday: This day was a special holiday for Muslims and they sacrificed cows and goats. I tried to stay away from the Muslim churches so I didn't have to see any of that. I did see a little after math but luckily not an actual sacrifice! Thank goodness...

Wed: Just normal missionary stuff! Visited Tessa who should be getting baptized on Nov. 3rd. She's 11 and has a beautiful spirit! She's working hard to be Christ like :) Then we had dinner with another member family. 

 Thur: Because of the sacrifice and holiday we didn't go teach at the schools today but still had English class that night. WE have people come every week which is really nice!! Instead we went and tried to visit some less active member's homes. We also got to eat some Cheese Cake from, wait for it... The Cheese Cake Factory. APA?! Yeah It wasn't like american cheese cake at all but it was still very good! I got oreo in honor of my father ;) A member who was visiting some less active members with us bought it for us. She was so nice! 

Fri: Had a really good lesson about Family History work and got a family pretty interested in it. One of my goals when I get home is to become more involved in Family History. It really is amazing! 

Sat: We taught another English class and then cleaned the font for Jeannie's baptism. We also had stake conference which was very nice.
 Cleaning the baptismal font

Sun: Stake conference and Jeannie's baptism!! It was wonderful to see her go through with baptism and I'm excited for her to receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost this week! So happy for her! We also had dinner at an English member family home and they made lasanga!!!!!!! ENAK SEKALI!!! Oh it was so good :) 

 
At the baptism with Jeannie, David, President Donald and the kids
Enak drink
 
Well hope all is well. Thank you EVERYONE for you love and support. I've been learning a lot and really do love the people here! Love you!

Love,
Sister Sperry :) 
Sister Sperry in a Batik print dress
 Missionaries
 

No comments:

Post a Comment