Monday, October 7, 2013

Jakarta - Week 4


Hello Y'all!
I hope you are all having a fantastic conference weekend :) I don't get to listen to conference until this weekend but I'm telling you I am SUPER excited!!! A little nervous because I will probably be listening to a lot of it in Indonesian...But we got to go over to a members house this week and watch the Relief Society Session in english and it was great. I saw two girls that were in my ward at USU and then two sisters going to Greece that I met while I was there. And one girl from Junior High (all in the choir). So fun! So here's the week!

Monday: We went and played some futsol and basketball! It was way fun. Then all four sisters in Jakarta went and ate with a less active member who sings (it's her major) very, very well! I asked her if she could teach me and she says if we come over for FHE she'd be more than happy to. But she's leaving for the USA soon for 2 months or so. Dang.. Oh well!
Playing futsol.
 
Tuesday: Well I had my first piano lesson! I was scared to death but everything seemed to go well and we got free lunch ;) We then met with Jeannie and David and they are working hard to put their lives in order. They are so great! Also I feel like I've met them before, which has happened with a lot of people that I am meeting here. Weird but also nice because then we are just all friends! That's the night we watched the Relief Society broadcast and it was fantastic! I love hearing from the leaders of the church. It was very uplifting and encouraging and I got peanut M&Ms. Very rare here and reminded me of Dad!!

 Wed: A LOT of traveling!! Lots of Macet (traffic) because we went pretty far to visit a less active. The lesson was on testimonies and it went pretty well. She's due to have a baby soon! We also visited a girl named Tessa who is 11 and is getting baptized soon. She's incredible!

 
Thursday: We taught 3 english classes! Waduh... Thank you to everyone who sent me some great ideas! They are going to really help!!! We also met with some college kids and just had a question and answer session. They are studying to become priests  (all girls) and I believe it is a school project to research another religion. It was really cool to share our testimonies with them and I think some of the girls are really interested!
 
Teaching an English class.
 
Friday: Lots of missionary meetings like District meeting and then meeting with the ward mission leader of the English ward (which involved delicious food:)) We also watched Families can Be Together Forever (super great cheesy Lds movie!) and Jeannie and David are very excited to go to the temple in a year after they are baptized! It really hit home with Jeannie, it's like her favorite subject. Yay!! I miss going to the temple every week but I'm happy to help others get there!

Saturday: Another english class and more missionary meetings. Busy, busy, busy!

 Sunday: Church and went to the Jeffery's again! We helped make dinner and had lots of fun teaching each other the first lesson on the Restoration from Preach My Gospel. If you haven't read PMG yet I would invite you to do so! It's amazing and really I mean we are all trying to be member missionaries right? ;) oh AND IT RAINED LIKE CRAZY!!!!! It was Amazing!!! I loved the rain so much and everyone thought I was nuts but oh my goodness it was great!!! I'm so excited for the rainy season ;) 
Gado gado, one of my favorites!
Drenched!!!
 
Well, love you all! Thank you for your love and support! Have a great week!
Love,

Sister Sperry :) 

 
Companions!

No comments:

Post a Comment