Monday, November 10, 2014

Solo (Week 59)

Selamat Datang November! I remember this time last year and guess what... I was already in Indonesia. Cool right?! 


Well I'm a bit stressed today because it's the pday before transfers so it's super busy. I'm getting moved to Surabya (which the members were telling me yesterday it is so hot I can just break an egg over my head and let it cook there on my way to church and by the time I make it to church it's ready to eat! PANAS BANGET!)  and I'll be companions with Sister Ariyanto, which is awesome because I already know her! I served in her ward in Jogja before she came out to the field. She's come out with us before in Jogja and I'm stoked to see her in full action now! I'm also going to get the chance to see Sister L. Fisher again which will be awesome but I will for sure miss Sister Zabriskie a ton and also SOLO!!!! I love Solo and all the people here. There's so much potential it's amazing!




Well I don't have time to email a ton but I just wanted to leave you with this. I read the Fourth Missionary this week which I think should actually be changed to The Fourth Person. Go, find it, read it. It has completely changed my thinking. I am working on giving up EVERYTHING to the Lord. His way is the intelligent way and in the end the easiest way, I know that for sure. And I'm not saying give up everything world like to Him, but give Him your hopes and dreams and concerns. He will help you with them if you just give them to Him. He loves us and we will never be able to repay Him for the wonderful things He does in each of our lives. 

We only have one thing that is really ours, and that's ourselves. Give up all you HAVE to God. and He will give you so much more. 
I know these things are true. I know God lives. I know I haven't done nearly as much in my mission to help other as God has done to help me. I am forever and for always in His debt. 
And I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

Have a great week everyone and may God Bless You :) 
love,
Sister Sperry :) 




For Halloween Me and Sister Zabriskies Dressed up!  I was sister Zabriskie and She was me :) She does a good job, the mouth is open and everything! 

No comments:

Post a Comment