Sunday, July 13, 2014

Solo (Week 43)


HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!!!
I hope everyone had a great fourth of July. My district celebrated with service and for companionship study Sister Fisher and I sang The Star Spangled Banner. I hope the festivities were a blast for all of you in the great country I call home. Now on to news about another great country that I love, INDONESIA! 

Senin: We did one of the best things ever for P-day...nothing!! Oh it was so nice to just relax and not worry about much. Later that night we went to a member's home where the Grandma is helping her grandchildren to grow up in the church. The oldest girl was just baptized a year ago and the love having the missionaries over. It was really fun and the kids were so cute! Then we proselyted and did that missionary work thing that I absolutely love.

 
Selasa: This was a hard day because almost ALL of our appointments failed... and then to top it off, the investigator that told us they had stopped with tea, smoking, and all this...was drinking tea and smoking when we got to her house. That was a stab in the heart if I've ever felt one. But we had a good lesson about following the commandments and we are going to help them out! 

Rabu: Normal day of missionary work. Taught lessons, met people, and my testimony grew. I feel my testimony grow every day and I love it. There really isn't a doubt in my mind this church is true. 

Kamis: We got to go to ZTM in Magelang so we woke up at the sweet hour of 4 in the morning and made our trek up there by bus. It was an awesome meeting where the spirit was strong. We made good goals and I think this zone is going to grow a lot! 

6 of the 10 of us that were in the MTC together!
Jumat: God Bless AMERICA! It was a good Juli 4th even though not much happened. We worked hard and had fun and I got called Sister Sperel...that's a new one! 


Sabtu: Oh for some reason everything just wasn't going for me on Saturday. My stomach was killing me, just a bunch of little things happened until finally, the cherry on top, my bike tire went flat! We got it fixed and were on our way to try and get in one more appointment before the day ended when I just really felt that we needed to go to a different investigators home which was the completely opposite direction. I told Sister Fisher and she agreed and we headed over there. Then...my tire went flat again! Oh I was dying...we stopped and tired to get it fixed again. But by the time we got it fixed there wasn't time to go to that persons home. I was confused at why I had such a strong impression when we weren't able to make it over there. Sister Fisher kept reminding me, and I reminded myself, God has a plan and we got sent this way for a reason. Then as we were riding home Sister Fisher found our reason! There were a group of bule girls who where a little lost. We asked if we could help them out and they said yes. There were looking for a park area to watch a puppet show and we were able to take them over to that area all while answering their questions about the church and our missions. It TOTALLY made my day and boy was I humbled. I'm so grateful for the love that God has for all of His children, me included. :) 

Hari Minggu: Well...none of our investigators came to church which kinda was sad...really sad but no worries! This week is a new week!!!

I love Indonesia! I love these people and most importantly I love My Savior Jesus Christ and my God. I know this is His work! I hope you all have a great week full of missionary experiences. Make them happen!!! 

I love you all and thank you for your love and support! 

With Love,
Sister Sperel ;) Sperry :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment