Friday, February 7, 2014

Yogyakarta - Week 21


Hello!
 
Well it's been another lovely week in Jogja! The weather has been a bit crazy, hot and then all of a sudden a down pour of rain. It's been crazy everywhere in Indonesia! Manado had a situation close to something like a tsunami a couple weeks ago, Jakarta has flooded, there was an Earthquake in Jogja (Sister Believe and I were riding our bikes and didn't feel it) and ya! How exciting right? Things are alright in Manado. Many homes were destroyed but thankfully Sister Believe's home wasn't. In Jakarta many people didn't have a place to stay because of flooding and the missionaries helped out there.
Heavy rains!
Here's my week!

Mon: We had the awesome opportunity of traveling to a village, pretty far away, by bike and boy was the ride wonderful!! This land is really beautiful and I love all the green and all the rice feilds. My appreciation for God's art work really grew.
 
Tues: Tuesday was a good day. WE worked hard and had a good lesson with on of our investigators. The Spirit was there and I could tell that she felt it but still didn't quite accept things. She's just comfortable where she's at and where she's at is good! But there's better. ;)
Wed: We talked a lot about priorites and watched a film about John Tanner with some of our less active members. John Tanner is amazing. He's a man who really understood the law of consecration. I thought about my priorities and how I'm doing with the law of consecration. I'm really learning how to become a better person here on my mission and I am real grateful. I still have a long way to go to becoming "perfected" but at least I know where the path is.

Thurs: We had ZTM! (Zone meeting without the president). It was a good meeting. There's a really big push to meet the mission goals. We're doing alright so far. Afterward we were able to have a small zone trip. We ate at McDonalds (I still don't care for it) and then went to the zoo! Even though not everything was out and I didn't ride an elephant it was still lots of fun. Met a few crazy new investigators there too. ;)
 





 
Fri: a normal hard working day. It was a holiday so a little hard to meet with people but not hard to contact and meet new people! Oh and a miracle for the other sister happened. One of their investigators got approval from her mom to be baptized!!! Yay!! We were all so happy and she got baptized on sunday!
Sat: Can you bleieve it's already Feb?! Waktu lari (time runs). Saturday was a good hard working day. I got sunburned and have the sweetest than lines!
Sun: A bunch of miracle happened! Our investigators from Claten came, a less active member came to church AND bore his testimony, the sister's investigator was baptized (and beaming!) and there is an awesome member who was will the friendship for us that day. All just so great!
Well I hope you all have a great week. The work of Salvation continues!!

Love,
Sister Sperry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment