Thursday, February 5, 2015

Surabaya (Week 71)


Hey ya'll!!

This week was pretty good!! We saw a really sweet miracle and I got to meet lots of my old companions including  and even go on splits with them which is always so fun. I learned a lot about what it takes to be in the Primary and Young Women's presidencies and I am so grateful for Mission couples! Anyway here's a little about my week!
senin: just a regular pday except it FLOODED so much! We were basically riding our bikes through a river it was nuts! It was way higher than the last flood I told you about and it was so fun :) unfortunately we didn't get to teach an investigator because of said flood in her home...

selasa: worked hard, had fun :)_
rabu: just another regular working day and then the Sister Training leaders came and I was reunited with Sister Toegono and SIste Olsen! So fun to meet with them again!

kamis: We had invterveiws and guess what I'm moving next transfer! To Vrginia...huh! That's going to be a really far move...
jumat: PLD was AWESOME!! (big zone meeting). The Spirit was way strong and we learned a lot like usual. I had to say good bye to everyone and cried of course but that's OK. THEN...We had a really cool miracle this week! So I was on splits with Sister Olsen and we had gotten in a taxi to come home. Well neither of us felt good about the taxi; the guy driving was kinda odd and just gave us a bad feeling. So we decided to go out and there was an open restraunt/house place, that we've passed on our bikes A MILLION TIMES, and we decided to go wait there until the taxi went away. Well a man came out speaking perfect Aussie English ;) and asked if he could help us. He's Indonesian but was born in Sydney and went to school in Sydney also. He was surprisingly very open as we explained who we are and what we are doing in Indonesia. He told us about his wife having cancer and how he hasn't found a church that is comfortable for him and his family and even about how he hasn't prayed in a long time. HE said he felt this was the hand of the Lord in his life that we met him that day. Then we made an appointment to meet him again this upcoming Thursday. We were on cloud nine it was awesome!! I'm glad there's another aussie coming into the area soon ;)
sabtu: We went on splits again and this time I was wither Sister Aryanto and Sister Toegono. It was like Jogja all over again! We had fun and road our bikes through some more flooding.
hari minggu: I translated for Sister Williams the whole day! She was doing some training with some of the auxilary leaders and that was really fun to learn about and also to share my testimony with those women about young Womens and Primary. I'm so grateful for all of my leaders in both of those programs. Thank you for following the handbook and for doing such a great job! I would not be where I am without you!!!!

Well we are going to a zoo that's supposed to be real cool. See ya later!!
love,
sister Sperry :)

1 comment: