Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Solo (Week 56)


WOW! Another week...gone. Well we'll never see that one again!

It's still hot but the word is that the rainy season should start here soon. Sister Zabriskie and I are so excited we can hardly stand it....PLEASE!!!!! 

In other news CONFERENCE WAS AWESOME!!!!! There were spiritual round house kicks and karate chops and it was just all great. That was really the highlight of my entire week and I don't have much time so I'm just going to write about that...

I Have two favorite talks. 1 was from Jorg K. (I don't know how to spell his name). He was one of the 70 who spoke and he was the one who talked about having confidence before God. That was an awesome talk! And I feel like it's pretty easy to apply. I like how blunt he was and how he just was all, hey, just do it! He spoke with a lot of power and it was just awesome. I really felt a lot more enlightened after hearing that talk.

Then there was another one that was given in Portuguese I think? It was the one about patriarchal blessings. I loved it!! Are you living in a way that you are fulfilling your patriarchal blessing? Wow what a question! That's one I'm going to keep asking myself throughout my life. Patriarchal blessings are special gifts given to us for our benefit. They are like maps for our lives and will give us the little extra guidance we need. I've received a lot of guidance from my blessing even here on my mission. I'm so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that has provided us with ways to know His will in our lives. He cares about us, loves us all, and knows who we TRULY are. Who we truly are! Have you ever thought about that? He knows who you truly really are. He remembers things about you in the premortal world that you've forgotten. He knows you truly and you can bet He is going to provide the way to fulfill your true potential as long as you stay true to His teachings. He really is our loving Heavenly Father and we are in reality His children. 

I hope everyone enjoyed conference and are now enjoying what we've learned into our lives. have a great week everyone full of spiritual punches and round house kicks.!

"Everybody was kongfu fighting....WAH!!!!!"

love,
Sister Sperry :) 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment