Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Solo (Week 55)


Sugeng enjeng! (I don't know if my spelling is right but that's good morning in javanese!)

I hope you all absolutely loved conference!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear it :D like really...Sister Zabriskie and I are pumped. 

SELAMAT IDUL ADHA!! Or happy sacrifice day...yesterday! The masjids were full of stinky cows and goats and they were singing all night. I tried to stay as far away from the masjids as I could so I didn't have to see any of the sacrifices but a masjid is hard to avoid here. We did get to taste a little afterward though and I have to admit it was really good! 

Hey how many of you put your testimony of facebook? hmmm?!

Senin: We watched women's session of conference which was AWESOME! it was such a great session and I can't wait to hear everything else.

Selasa: While we were with Sister Donald the other week we found a family that had an old Kitab Mormon. We gave them the new translation and then visited them again this week. The first thing their kid said to us when she came into the house was "I really like the stories from the Book of Mormon." ...US TOO!!!! We were so shocked but overjoyed! They were a bit busy with work at the time but we made an appointment to go back the next day. And...the power went out everywhere in the city and I think Jogja and Semarang too! I don't know why...I just went with it ;)

Rabu: The family we visited were awesome! The father had some really awesome questions and we are so excited to get to know them! Like I said before, Solo has so much potential it stresses me out sometime. We gotta help these people!!!!! Also we had a teaching like Alma moment. Alma 32 is where he preaches to the poor. Well we found ourselves in the park this week, preaching to the poor! It was very humbling. I want to help these people so badly and I know that the gospel can help them! We're praying for The Park!

Kamis: We had an AWESOME zone meeting in Jogja that got us super pumped. We made great goals and are super excited for good things to come. Good things are happening in Indonesia!!

Jumat: Mukjizat demi mukjizat! (Miracle after Miracle) It all started with an Oreo run and led to...
-someone asking for a Kitab Mormon
-someone willingly giving us a referral without us asking
-Sister Lisa came with us and was just awseome (she leaves for her mission here in Okt 22)
-Ibu Eni, without us really pressing the matter that hard, said she wants to be baptized (she's the one that starting thinking about it right after we invited her...and she says her family supports her! it was a shocker but it just shows you we don't do this work, we don't convert these people, God does!)

And one of the ladies from The Park got shoes so she could come to church. I about cried.

Sabtu: just more miracles. E'ry day! God is Great!!!

Hari Minggu: 2 people came to church! The lady that got shoes and she thought that we might have forgotten so when we showed up to pick her up for church she started to cry. It was so tender and I am so blessed to be here at this time and meet these people. She's getting over a stroke so she can't really walk or speak very well. But she's such a sweet lady and I know God loves her dearly and boy so do we!

Man, missionary work is just so great. I'm so grateful for this opportunity. If you haven't posted your testimony to facebook yet don't worry I'm giving you a second chance ;) (because God gives me second chances all the time!!!) Post it and send me a picutre ya?! 

Thank you for all the support and love and have a great week!

love,
Sister Sperry :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment