Friday, August 15, 2014

Solo (Week 48)


Selamat Pagi!! 

 
We're on earlier than usual because we are going to an old temple and a waterfall. AND get this, there may be references back to the Book of Mormon from this temple. Sister Lewis (she's the sister from the new mission couple here) was really excited and telling us all about it! I'll write about it when I get more information. Cool stuff!!!!

Senin: We cleaned the house, Sister Fisher packed, and then we went to a family night for the Banjasari ward and visited an investigator but I'm not sure she's very interested...

Selasa: Not much happened, not very many people could meet, which was a bummer. But we still had a good day! Life goes on! 

Rabu: This was a pretty busy day. We went and saw the cutest old lady, Sister Keksie. She's just 77 and laughs like she's 6 and it's the cutest giggle you've ever heard! She has a strong testimony and she always says if you don't have faith you are dead, spiritually. That's always fun. Then we got rejected a couple times #missionarylife and ended the day with visiting some inactive members and talking about the temple. The stake is pushing and trying to really get more people to the temple! They are hopefully going to get a program going soon to help people make it there. We taught them the importance of the temple and all that and that was good! but...they weren't at church on sunday. We'll just have to try again!

Kamis: We got denied hard core. This was the first time someone told me my church was evil. Usually people, especially polite, soft Javenese people, just say every church is the same and that we all have one purpose and just different ways to get there...I'm not sure which is worse. My church is evil or everyone is the same...Wes. We at our sorrows in Es Teler (which is a really yummy drink with jellies in it and fruit) and then worked! Working is fun and always helps :) 

Jumat: Sister Zabriskie made it!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's so cute, pure and anxious to do this work! I love her spirit and I feel good things coming our way!! She's from the St. George area (washington) and went to USU for a semester. AGGIES! Also the new mission couple, Elder and Sister Lewis, shared what their mission is here and I'm so excited to work with them! They are the family history couple and so they are helping with work on the other side of the veil which is JUST AS IMPORTANT IF AS THE LIVING!! Go, do you family history! Ayo! I have an appointment with them next pday to get me started. WOOT! 

 
Sabtu: It was hard to say good bye to Sister Fisher, times have been good, but I had to. Sister Zabriskie and I got to know each other and worked and it was great.

Hari Minggu: The coolest thing happened. I got a text from someone asking where the church was because they want to come to church...WHAT?! That never happens! I was stoked! Turns out he's the Jogja Sister's investigator that has moved to the Solo area and we went over there later that day and I have never met with someone so ready!!! The spirit has really prepared him! He completely cold turkey stopped drinking Coffee, after drinking like 13 cups a day, and he says he thinks he's going to be able to stop smoking completely within the next couple of days. WOW! His will power and his want to be clean is so strong and WONDERFUL! We are super excited for him and he should be baptized on the 23rd :) 

I hope you all have a great week full of finding ancestors and furthering God's work. It's just amazing!!!!!!! Happy birthday to my mom Last week! I hope you had a great day mom :) 

Love you all!

Love, 
Sister Sperry :) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment