Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Jakarta - Week 9


Halo! Apa Kabar?! 

I don't have much time today but things are going pretty well. Last week was really slow because things just didn't work out and were kinda frustrating. But through that I was able to recognize some of the miracles and blessings that Heavenly Father has given me. This week He opened my eyes to be able to see and acknowledge these blessings. For instance, I was wondering if I was making any progress in becoming a better missionary or if I was just staying the same. I really REALLY want to be a great missionary for my Heavenly Father. I owe Him at least that much! I was starting to feel a little discouraged but then at DDM (district meeting) on Friday we had a really good lesson! It helped me feel better and then later that day I was able to give away my first Kitab Mormon, by myself without Sister Narko's help, and the only English spoken was by him when he said "Thank you." Sister Narko even gave me a thumbs up!! I was so excited! And I was able to see that I really am progressing in the language. I still have a LONG way to go but just 3 months ago I didn't know apa pun (anything). Now there are some words in Indonesian that I can't remember not knowing. 
I know as long as I put forth effort Heavenly Father will help me. I just have to do my 100 percent first! That's something Sister Narko and I are working on.

I love Indonesia. I love these people, this language, even the food! I love The Lord and the fact that He suffered the Atonement for everyone. I'm so grateful that there is a way back to our Father in Heaven and I'm SO grateful that He is a merciful God. He loves you. 

I know the work that I am doing is God's work and that His hand is in it. I know that Christ will come again and that one day the whole world will know His truth. I'm so grateful to be a missionary and I'm so grateful I get to use the Atonement everyday to become better.
 
Sampai minggu depan! 

 Sister Sperry :) 

English Class
Family Home Evening with Rahel's Family
A taco truck!

 Some yummy food
 All of us in the back of the Bajaj - meant for about 3 small people!
 A Bajaj
Cute little Jaredrita!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment